Elegant Luxe Foliage Thinking of You Card | Mystery Stamping #126
Elegant Luxe Foliage Thinking of You Card
Mystery Stamping #126 turned into an elegant handmade thinking of you card featuring the beautiful Luxe Foliage Designer Series Paper from Stampin’ Up!
This card has plenty of layers, but the design itself is simple to assemble. The combination of warm Pecan Pie, Very Vanilla, and metallic cardstock gives it an elegant look that would work for several occasions.
The “Thinking of you often” sentiment came from the Simply Leaves stamp set. This card could also become a sympathy card, friendship card, birthday card, or general encouragement card simply by changing the greeting.
Luxe Foliage Designer Series Paper
The Luxe Foliage paper provides most of the decoration on this card. Its metallic leaf pattern pairs beautifully with the Metal Effects Specialty Paper.
Because the paper already has so much shine, I decided not to add any gems or rhinestones. The metallic paper became the bling!
Adding Embossed Texture
I wanted the embossed background to coordinate with the leaves in the Designer Series Paper. The leaf embossing folder I chose was narrower than the cardstock layer, so I embossed the cardstock in two sections.
The area where the two embossed sections meet is covered by the horizontal paper layer. This is a helpful way to use a smaller embossing folder on a larger piece of cardstock when part of the background will be hidden.
A Tip for Long Sentiment Stamps
Long photopolymer sentiment stamps can sometimes curve when they are placed directly onto an acrylic block.
For this card, I placed the stamp on my work surface first and allowed it to relax into its natural shape. I then picked it up with the block. This helped keep the “Thinking of you often” sentiment straight.
Finishing the Card
I added a small linen thread bow beside the sentiment. The neutral thread provides a little texture without competing with the metallic layers.
Since I used Very Vanilla for the card base, the inside was already light enough for a handwritten message. I added a small piece of coordinating paper inside to carry the design through to the interior.
Watch Mystery Stamping #126
Watch the video to see the mystery card come together one clue at a time.
Mystery Stamping is a fun way to use the stamps, paper, and colors you already own. Everyone begins with the same basic clue, but the finished cards can look completely different.
If you create Mystery Stamping #126, I would love to see your card. Share a photo on my Facebook post or tag Craft With Cheryl.
I’m Cheryl Wright, an independent Stampin’ Up! demonstrator in Northeastern Montana. You can find my shopping link, upcoming classes, email signup, and more at CraftWithCheryl.com.




Comments
Post a Comment