4 Elegant Card Ideas Featuring Stampin’ Up!® Luxe Foliage

 The beautiful Luxe Foliage Specialty Designer Series Paper makes elegant cardmaking surprisingly easy! In this free cardmaking class featuring Stampin’ Up! products, I created four cards using its rich Secret Sea, Peaceful Pine, Pecan Pie, and gold-foiled patterns.

Four elegant handmade cards created with Stampin’ Up! Luxe Foliage Specialty Designer Series Paper.


Luxe Foliage was the September 2026 Stampin’ Up!® Product of the Month. During September, it was available for $5 with a qualifying $75 purchase while supplies lasted. Even after the promotion has ended, these layouts can be recreated with other coordinating Designer Series Papers.

Let the Designer Series Paper Do the Work

This is the type of specialty paper that doesn’t need much help. The metallic designs provide plenty of detail and shine, so I kept the stamping and embellishments fairly simple.

The four cards include both portrait and landscape layouts, an easy way to combine two paper patterns, and an elegant fun fold. I also used gold accents throughout the class to complement the foil in the Luxe Foliage paper.

Card 1: Three Patterned-Paper Panels



The first card uses three one-inch strips of Luxe Foliage paper arranged vertically across a Very Vanilla layer.

Each strip features a different pattern, but the coordinated colors and gold foil tie everything together. A narrow metallic border and a layered sentiment complete this simple but striking design.

I also shared an easy die-cutting trick: Cut a second copy of the same shape, divide it, and place the pieces behind the sentiment. It creates the illusion of a larger coordinating die without needing another size.

Cards 2 and 3: One Cut Creates Two Card Fronts




The next two cards begin with two different pieces of Luxe Foliage paper stacked together.

I marked two points near opposite corners and cut through both pieces at the same time. After separating the cut pieces, I paired one section from each pattern to create two coordinated card fronts.

One became a portrait card and the other became a landscape card. A narrow strip of metallic paper hides the seam and adds another touch of gold.

This technique is a wonderful way to feature both sides or patterns of your favorite Designer Series Paper—and it gives you two cards from one cutting session.

Card 4: Elegant Fun Fold with Embossing



The final project is an elegant fun-fold card based on a design previously featured in Mystery Stamping.

I removed a section of the front flap, embossed the remaining portion with a floral 3D embossing folder, and added layered pieces of Luxe Foliage paper.

For the finishing touch, I stamped “Best Wishes” on Secret Sea cardstock with VersaMark ink and heat embossed it in gold. The gold sentiment, metallic layer, foiled paper, and coordinating ribbon make this design especially pretty for a wedding, anniversary, or other special occasion.

Techniques Featured in This Class

During the video, I share several useful cardmaking techniques:

• How to combine three Designer Series Paper patterns
• How to make one die-cut shape appear larger
• How to cut two DSP patterns together for coordinating cards
• How to use narrow metallic scraps to cover a seam
• How to create both portrait and landscape versions of one layout
• How to combine dry embossing and gold heat embossing
• How to make an elegant fun-fold card

Watch the Free Luxe Foliage Cardmaking Class

You can watch the complete class below and craft along with me:


Which Luxe Foliage card is your favorite? I love how different the four cards look even though they all begin with the same package of specialty paper.

If you try one of these layouts with Luxe Foliage—or another favorite Designer Series Paper—I would love to hear about it!

More Cardmaking Inspiration

I’m Cheryl Wright, an independent Stampin’ Up! demonstrator in northeastern Montana. I share free cardmaking classes, Mystery Stamping projects, fun folds, paper-crafting techniques, and more.

Visit CraftWithCheryl.com to shop, watch more classes, and find all my current links.

Get the DSP HERE: Luxe Foliage DSP  Remember it is the September Product of the Month.  It is $5 with a purchase of $75.

💌 Cheryl




Comments